[Jacob-list] ear tags

Carl Fosbrink fourhornfarm at frontier.com
Sat Jan 5 10:04:39 EST 2013

Lasell,

I use the Premier brand 2Xte tag. It is the same style tag that the
government sends me for the scrapie program so uses the same applicator. I
put the tag in the lambs ears at one day or two days of age at which time I
also give the ewe her annual CD-T shot and don't handle them again until the
first of July when I separate the ewe and ram lambs and worm both lambs and
adults. I try to place the tag about the center of the ear length ways
instead of near the end of the ear so it doesn't make the ear sag so much
and doesn't get caught on things as easily. Some times the ear does sag at
first, but always comes out of it as they mature. I have had good luck with
this tag. I tag about 75 Jacob lambs a year with them. Premier's phone
number is 1-800-282-6631 in case you want to have them send you one of their
catalogs to look at.

Carl
4Horn Farm's Jacob sheep