[Jacob-list] (no subject)

tim koenig timkoenig5 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 16:35:11 EDT 2013

I wonder if anyone else out there has had this situation. I talked to Mark
Williams about it, and he hadn't heard of it, so I thought I'd put it out
to the list.

In the past 8 or 9 years, a few of my ewes have produced entirely white
Jacobs lambs. Never more than one in a given year, and, until last year,
most were born dead, or died within a couple days.

Last year, one ewe produce another all white ewe lamb, alive and healthy.
She grew well and was bred last fall, and recently delivered a fine,
healthy, dark ram lamb. Both animals are unusually friendly, actively
seeking contact whenever I'm in sight.

Milky has blue (ish) eyes, not a black hair on her, no black even inside
the mouth. Her parentage traces back, un broken through pure bred,
registered Jacobs. No other sheep have been on the farm since several years
before I started Jacobs.

Does this situation just qualify as one humongous, big white spot...or
what??

Tim Koenig
Applegarth Farm