[Jacob-list] Promoting Jacob Sheep

Richard and Susan stcroft at ptd.net
Fri Oct 12 15:33:14 EDT 2012

Over the years I have not always been as proactive as I should have been in
promoting Jacob Sheep due to having "another life" in addition to being a
shepherdess and not having time. However, tomorrow the Philadelphia Zoo
will be coming to our home to pick up Stonecroft Rambo, a beautiful
four-horned ram who will be the sire for their new Jacob flock in the
children's zoo. I called the local newspapers and TV stations and
interestingly, yesterday Cable 11 came out and did a very nice story on
Rambo which was aired twice last evening - and Rambo and the other "boys"
were on their absolute best behavior - eating crackers from the reporter's
hand and having their noses scratched (maybe they were impressed with his
white shirt, tie and sports coat!!). Also two of the newspapers are running
with this story as well - one is agriculturally oriented and the other is a
small town paper. Nevertheless, I mention this to encourage each of you as
you promote your sheep. I must admit that I really didn't expect results
from my phone calls to news tip lines - after all, we are in the midst of
pre-election news, the Middle East is exploding, children are being
abducted, shootings and drug arrests abound, all of which seem to dominate
the news cycles. But apparently a nice little animal story does
occasionally get some coverage!!

Sue Martin

Stonecroft

PS - BTW, I have another beautiful ram for sale - Stonecroft Harley sired by
Sweetgrass Cooper, and his dam is Hickory Hill Quidam - also some ewes. We
are located in southeast PA.