[Jacob-list] Predators

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Wed Oct 3 20:00:52 EDT 2012

This morning our donkey, Ginger, was braying like crazy. I looked out
the window to see that she had put her ewes in a corner and was running
the fence line. Our pasture areas are bordered by deep woods and hills
so it's not always possible to see what is on the other side of the
fence. This afternoon, a neighbor stopped me and said he'd seen two
coyotes from the road on our property about that time.
I feel confident she could kill a coyote or fend off one or two. I'm not
sure she could fight a pack. We had a donkey in Florida kill a panther.
But the panther attacked him (I'm sure he would have run away if he
could), Sugarfoot had over 100 stitches, and the panther was a really
old panther.
A good dog from working parents is probably the best and most dependable
protection, but donkeys have also worked well for us.
Linda

--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>