[Jacob-list] need advice on breeding groups

Lynette Frick lynettefrick at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 20:08:34 EDT 2012

It should be said that the easiest trait to "change" is fleece... it could
go either way. Ideally you would use a ram with the fleece you want to
improve a whole group of ewes, then use another ram with the fleece you
want on those offspring, etc.. instead of relying on the ewes directly for
the change. Also, careful culling is the only way to make lasting changes
in a group.

good luck

Lynette Frick
Baraubar Merinos &