[Jacob-list] lilac

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Fri May 25 15:47:30 EDT 2012

I've seen some rather drastic changes in fleece quality - mostly handle
and luster - in sheep I've sold. They've left here with luster and a
nice handle and six months later, they have dull looking and feeling
fleeces. I think it's probably related to minerals or a richer diet than
Jacobs require. The sheep are healthy and growthy and often seem to have
very heavy fleeces.
I believe some of the UK breeders have mentioned on the list that they
have to add copper.
Obviously this is not something you would do without a little research
and perhaps some analysis of feeds/soils/water.
Linda

--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>