[Jacob-list] JSBA meet and greet this fall

Jennifer gotothewhip at aol.com
Wed May 23 16:00:20 EDT 2012

Tasha and others,

I will be hosting the AGM this year in Brighton, CO. Details will be coming out in the current newsletter... Its not yet gone out.
But here is a run-down of what is planned:

AGMTentative Planning:

FridayAug 24
FleeceShow
Dinner
SpinnersLead contest

Saturday,August 25:
JuniorSheep Show –Judge Mike Monell (Confirmed)
OpenSheep Show-Judge Mike Monell (Confirmed)
Lunch
Afternoon/Evening:
Nutritionof Handspinning Sheep: Dr. Nancy Irlbeck , CSU Animal Nutritionist (Confirmed)
Knittingclass, Skill Level TBD, : Paula Veschore (Confirmed)
*Spinning Class. Chris Pearlmutter, Denver Spinners Guild (Confirmed
WoolGrade and Quality Identification: Keith Padgett, ASI (Confirmed)
WoolMicrometer Testing: Ron Cole, ASI (Confirmed)

Timeshave not been set for these workshops.
Saturdayevening will also be the raffle
SundayActivities have not been set, I anticipate that we will offer a workshop andperhaps a tour.

FacilityInfo:
The location of the fairgrounds is 9755 Henderson Rd., Brighton,CO 80601. Denver International Airportis the closest airport, and is only 15 minutes from the fairgrounds.
There will be AMPLE room for show sheep, as well as pens for sheepthat are for sale. We will also offerbooth space for anyone who wants to set one up. All activities will take place in the Indoor Arena.
Hotels in the Brighton Area include:
Hampton Inn $109
Comfort Inn $99
Super 8 $62
Best Western $99
Holiday Inn Express $120
The Hampton Inn and Comfort Inn may offer special pricing to AGMas we get closer.
Adams County Fairgrounds also has RV hookups with both power andwater at $15 per night. No Tent Camping
The fairgrounds has the ability to house sheep for earlyarrival. They will be put into the horsestalls that are in the building next to where AGM will be held, so if anyonewants to come in early with their sheep to see Colorado early, we can set thatup. If enough folks are interested inColorado tourism, or sheep industry stuff in Colorado I would be happy to setup that kind of thing either before or after AGM
In addition to AGM, The Colorado State Fair in Pueblo will beoffering Jacob classes in the days that follow AGM. Anyone interested in showing can hauldirectly from AGM, and move right into the Colorado State Fair. Please contact me for more information.
If you would like to use a local fiber mill for processing (thereare several) please feel free to bring your fleeces with you. We can deliver large loads of well identifiedfleeces to a few of the mills. Thatshould save some shipping costs.
Here is a Map of the Adams County Fairgrounds:
http://www.co.adams.co.us/DocumentView.aspx?DID=291