[Jacob-list] lilac

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Sat Mar 31 17:50:08 EDT 2012

Carl,
I'm sending you some fleece samples. I find that I get good chocolate
fleece and yarn from the first shearing. After that, the color tends to
fade and gray - different rates of graying for different sheep. I see
the same thing in some blacks. If the first shearing is chocolate and
successive shearings are more gray, I tend to think that early graying
(or some other modifier or maybe diet?) plays a part in the color
change. Legs and face are hair, not wool. Perhaps that has something to
do with the differences in color we see between peripheral markings and
fleece. I don't know. It's an interesting subject.

Linda .

--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>