[Jacob-list] what to do with wool after shearing

Lasell J. Bartlett lasell at lasell.org
Sat Mar 24 14:47:19 EDT 2012

On Mar 24, 2012, at 12:05 PM, Christi Churchill wrote:

> I had them sheared and now have their woolies. What do I do with

> the woolies?

Zach had some good ideas.

First though, did you "skirt" them fresh off the sheep? That can make
the difference between a fleece that someone would like to buy, or
not. Skirting is the process of removing dirty pieces of fleece and
as much vegetable matter as possible. I learned the hard way that
this is best done right then and there as the fleece comes off the
sheep. With the help of friends and a skirting table.

Lasell J Bartlett
lasell at lasell.org