[Jacob-list] Jacob-list Digest, Vol 98, Issue 18

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Fri Jun 22 22:29:08 EDT 2012

Back when I tolerated bad tempered rams, we did butcher a few during
breeding season right after they had bred their ewes. At the butcher's
recommendation, we had the carcasses hung for 10-20 days. Meat was mild
and tender.
The only bad tasting Jacob we ever had was a six month old ewe lamb
processed at the butcher. I'm still wondering about that. One of the
workers said it might have been contaminated by having the fleece come
in contact with the meat during the skinning process, but I really have
no idea. Dogs liked it.
Linda

--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>