[Jacob-list] lovegrass

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Tue Jul 24 21:12:29 EDT 2012

Has anyone ever tried weeping lovegrass for pasture? I read up and
decided it might work on a steep area we have. It does grow well, but
the sheep won't eat it. If I lock the donkey in the barn and cut it for
her she will eat it. I was hoping that she would develop a taste for it,
but no luck. Once she has other options, she won't touch it. Sheep won't
eat more than one bite even if locked up with no other option.My dog
will eat it. I bought the seed at a farm store and it is supposed to for
forage.
Sheep do love the drought resistant Bermudas that I've planted on the
same slope.
Linda

--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>