[Jacob-list] Ewe with hernia

justinedixon at aol.com justinedixon at aol.com
Wed Jul 18 13:05:23 EDT 2012

I have a ewe who's had a hernia for a couple of years. Again a 4horn injury from her breeding ram. My vet would not operate as it's too wide to stitch. (Probably 3 finger) Im told over time the innerds can pull through the hernia. The main problem is if it gets cut, the infection will be fatal. If you bred her the strain would push the innerd out. The stress of labour would push them out sooner :-(

My girl's has increased in size very slightly over 2 years. She hangs out with the other ewes and gets no special treatment. We will cull her when it gets to the time.

Stu
Byeburnfarm

ginal Message-----