[Jacob-list] Horn growth and patterns?

Peg Bostwick peg at sweetgrass-jacobs.com
Thu Jul 12 08:11:54 EDT 2012

There is no firm rule in this regard - but obviously you want your sheep to
look good. I have seen sheep with some serious trimming in the show ring.
I've also seen 4-horned ewes that have had the tips taken off laterals at a
young age (or broken the tips), that look fine as adults. I would suggest
just using good judgment in this regard.

Remember that you are "exhibiting" your sheep to potential breeders, as well
as to the judge.

Peg Bostwick

<mailto:peg at sweetgrass-jacobs.com> peg at sweetgrass-jacobs.com

517-626-6981