[Jacob-list] Yearling mom with no milk!

joy jspidle1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 3 10:34:43 EDT 2012

laura,
I have heard numerous bad stories about using the milk replacer formula. I had an orphan lamb this spring and used the homemade formula of whole milk/ buttermilk/ canned milk and it worked great...... no scours at all. I do think it would be a good idea to leave her with her mom if she's being attentive. As Peg said it will help her be more socialized and think shes a sheep .......... Unfortunately my bottle baby had no mom to socialize her and now that she's weaned, though i encourage her to go be with the other sheep, she thinks she's a dog and would rather be with me and the dogs. Talk about funny........ a lamb running with the cattledogs herding the flock.....LOL

joy