[Jacob-list] Yearling mom with no milk!

Peg Bostwick peg at sweetgrass-jacobs.com
Tue Jul 3 10:05:39 EDT 2012

I haven't had this experience with Jacobs, but suggest you leave lamb with
you while you supplement her. Several reasons for this - one of the main
ones being that the lamb may learn to suckle, and ewes milk could come in
(??). If not, then socialization, etc. is still important, along with the
mom hopefully learning some mothering skills. Sounds like the mom is quite
young - I'd feed her well and give her one more chance if it were me. Good
luck.

Peg Bostwick
peg at sweetgrass-jacobs.com
517-626-6981