[Jacob-list] Black Jacobs!

Carl Fosbrink fourhornfarm at frontier.com
Thu Aug 9 13:25:59 EDT 2012

I know of high letter Jacobs that weren't culled very heavily that have thrown some dark lambs so you are correct that just the letter doesn't mean as much as how you have selected your breeding stock. Some people also select for different things in their breeders, but should always put the breed traits first. I am not advocating that you register every lamb. I only register the ones I keep as breeders or sell as breeders. 80% of my lambs are sold for meat because I am very particular about what I keep or sell for breeders. I realize the registration process is quite lengthy and that is why I give customers a copy of the registration application that I send in. You have to do what you think is best for your situation. Good luck to you and I hope you get more people buying your Jacobs.