[Jacob-list] Mineral/protein tubs

Robin Lynde rlynde at onramp113.org
Mon May 16 00:42:36 EDT 2011

My sheep are on green pasture from late March or April through November. The first month or two is the lush spring growth from winter rains and the ewes lamb in March to take advantage of the grass. By late May or June the pasture growth is from irrigation. The ewes are off the pasture and on alfalfa from late November or December until they are back on pasture. I don't provide grain or any kind of supplement other than sheep minerals with selenium. Most of the mature ewes have twins and my lambs grow well. For the conditions in my part of northern California this works.

By the way, I have updated many of the lamb photos http://www.meridianjacobs.com/exec/eSheep.asp?categoryID=Ewe%20Lambs and http://www.meridianjacobs.com/exec/eSheep.asp?categoryID=Ram%20Lambs and have also listed some adult ewes for sale http://www.meridianjacobs.com/exec/eSheep.asp?categoryID=Adult%20Ewes

Robin Lynde
Meridian Jacobs
Vacaville, CA
www.meridianjacobs.com