[Jacob-list] Breech birth

gotothewhip at aol.com gotothewhip at aol.com
Sun Mar 27 10:12:44 EDT 2011

In my opinion, if you feel that all of the placentas were expelled, and you
were relatively clean when you went in, it should be fine. I fret about a
perforated uterus on an odd ball presentation at birth but that does not
sound like the issue here. It sounds like she is sore and wiped out from
the dystocia. Jacob sheep just don't seem to have the issues of others.
Most of my experience with dysocia is related to other breeds and species.
Under the circumstances, if she were mine, id give her a few days of
penicillin and a little TLC. You can monitor her temperature to give you a
heads up of trouble brewing

Jennifer Tucker
Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless