[Jacob-list] Wobbly lambs and Se

Mark Essen messen at socket.net
Fri Mar 25 20:34:11 EDT 2011

I would not say that copper always occurs quickly. When I first started
with sheep twenty some years ago, I was pretty ignorant in their
requirements. Since nobody around here (mid Missouri) raised sheep, the
feed store was just as ignorant as was I. I asked the guy at the feed
store what to feed and for two years I was feeding cattle feed and
mineral to my sheep. I finally read an article about copper toxicity
and realized my mistake. I also immediately switched feed stores. My
sheep never did show problems, so I am not sure how long it can take for
toxicity to occur, but it does not have to be fast.
Mark Essen
Famous Acres

> On 3/25/2011 4:36 PM, Zach Oaster wrote:

My reading has suggested that toxicity can occur quickly... so I have
been very careful to make sure they never get minerals with copper.