[Jacob-list] Unfortunate lambs - PINE & CEDAR

Jaci Siehl sugarpinejacobs at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 14:54:24 EST 2011

I raised Jacobs for about 9 years and our property is heavily wooded with pine (Jeffrey, sugar, and pondersa, fir (douglas), cedar (red), oak, manzanita, oak (black and tan), and madrone.

I never had problems with the sheep and they browsed on all the trees.  They even loved oak bark, leaves, and acorns.  However, I think each species of tree and even the locations can have different effects.  I heard that oak is extremely toxic - but then some experts told me that white oak is the only bad one......

Jaci Siehl
Sugarpine Jacobs
530-538-9474