[Jacob-list] Unfortunate lambs

Peg Bostwick peg at sweetgrass-jacobs.com
Sun Mar 6 11:48:44 EST 2011

Hello, Johann. I'm sorry to hear about your lambs. We haven't had
experience with abortions, so I can't help you with that. I did want to
tell you that years ago, one of our ewes had full sized triplets, along with
a fourth very small fetus. I also nearly missed the tiny one, big enough
for me to tell it was a ram. I assumed that the mother had "run out of
room" early on, and that the fourth one simply stopped developing. Since
the lambs are in a sterile environment, they don't decay - and there was
nothing foul (no odor, whatever) associated with the tiny fetus. The other
three were fine and she raised them all. Hope that this helps to answer
half of your problem.

-Peg

Peg Bostwick

peg at sweetgrass-jacobs.com