[Jacob-list] aborted fetus

Penny Johnson pennylynnj at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 18:14:07 EST 2011

I had a bunch of aborted and floppy kids one year in my dairy goats. Turned
out it was an herbicide the farmer sprayed his commercial peas with, that I
got the hay that he made from the vines. I also had problems with alfalfa
hay that had been sprayed with a stabiliser to keep the leaves from
shattering off the hay. A lot of alfalfa growers use it when the hay dries
too fast. Learned this from a huge alfafa grower in northern California.
Sheep and goats both can absorb a lot of toxic substances in their livers
before signs start showing up phyically, ie loss of condition, abortions and
or death. So usually older animals are the ones affected. Or it may be
possibly that sheep can have a genectic disorder like RG factor of the blood
in people where the body starts attacking the fetus because of antibodies
building up in the system because of different blood type.