[Jacob-list] Scrapie

hobbyknobfarm hobbyknobfarm at main.nc.us
Sat Jun 18 13:06:50 EDT 2011

The person that visited my farm (I am small BTW) was a veterinary medical officer with the USDA APHIS veterinary service. Her name is Maria Friend, DVM and she services a huge western NC area. This is the "they" and the "we" I am to understand is the US (united states) as country being able to say we are scrapie free. I don't think this has to do with money, but being able to say that our livestock do not have this as a health issue. Seems to me that it is a good thing. I understand there has been alot of testing over the years and they are still sampling at slaughter. I am sure everyone on this list has a similar type person you just might not know it until they drive up to your farm (like me) Make the call and find out the details. She was very nice and informative.
Elizabeth Strub
www.hobbyknobfarm.com
hobbyknobfarm.blogspot.com
RUFIT Nutrition