[Jacob-list] Hedgerows

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Sat Jan 29 17:43:53 EST 2011

We had a row of cherokee rose at our previous place in the yard, where I
would let the sheep out to graze every so often. It was really dense -
wild growth, never trimmed. There was fence on the other side, so I
wasn't counting on the hedge to keep them in. They love eating roses and
had it denuded of leaves within a few months (limited turnout in the
yard), at which point they could wiggle into the center of the vines.
The vines made a mess of the fleeces and occasionally a sheep would get
trapped by rose vines tangled in the wool. I let them out now to eat the
roses after shearing.

Linda

--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>