[Jacob-list] Hedgerows

Zach Oaster zach at fattoaster.com
Sat Jan 29 17:28:52 EST 2011

Maybe fewer farmers were concerned about the invasiveness of the
multiflora rose in the 30s, as more farmers had sheep and goats to eat
it. Funny that some of our land management problems these days is more
evidence of the wisdom of our ancestors with their smaller general
farms... with collections of various animals for different purposes.
So much of the specialization these days has its consequences. The
subsidies and circumstances that drove out the american sheep farmer
in the 60s now haunt us in prickly vine form. (gosh those inward
curling thorns are buggers!)

Zach Oaster
zach at fattoaster.com
Visit Zach's worship resource and blog site: http://www.fattoaster.com