[Jacob-list] GB item: G444R mutation (Tay-Sachs) in Jacob sheep

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Fri Feb 18 18:16:17 EST 2011

I am not alarmed, but wonder if you might share with us early signs of
TSD in lambs as well as when we might expect to see signs. I believe a
concerned breeder in CO had a lamb tested for TSD. The lamb was negative
and the results showed a copper deficiency or some such, I think. J -
jump in here, please. We do need to be aware of TSD, whether or not we
tested, and we also have to be aware of other possibilities for the
symptoms.

Turner 183K shows up in the background of every major flock in the
country if you merge JSC and JSBA records.

Linda

--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>