[Jacob-list] Wound care

Bill & Jeannette Joosse wjjoosse at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 14:26:11 EST 2011

My four-horn wether developed an open wound below the horns and above the
eye about a month ago. I treated it with bacitracin. The wound seem to
expand, so I used Iodine for several days. Even tried Preparation H,
thinking it might shrink the tissue and ease any itching. I tried wrapping
it but that did not seem to help. I called the vet and he suggested
Schreiner's. This did not seem to help. So I switched to Vetericyn
HydroGel Spray. The wound seems to just grow with the wound down to tissue
(no skin) and now just above his eyelid. I have isolated him with his Mom,
so he can't buck horns with the ram and other wether.

I would greatly appreciate any ideas or suggestions. Thank you.

Jeannette