[Jacob-list] New Booklet "Guide to Selection of Jacob Breeding Stock"

Peg Bostwick peg at sweetgrass-jacobs.com
Mon Aug 8 13:09:58 EDT 2011

Hi, Peg. I just read your note about the new "Guide." I love two horned
Jacobs as well but I honestly think that your note about the cover is off
base. Right inside on the top of the first page is a photo of a beautiful
two-horned ram.

A lot of us saw the cover in advance, and I think it is fine. It was
initially intended to show the difference between a young ram and a mature
one - and the content also speaks to how animals can change as they mature.
There is certainly nothing in the booklet that implies that 4 horns are
better than two. And there are many examples of 2-horned animals.

I'm just happy to have this finally available to our members - it
illustrates some issues very well. And I say that even though I suddenly
have a half-dozen two horned ewe lambs to sell, a buyer having backed out on
me. J

Take care -- "the other Peg"

Peg Bostwick

<mailto:peg at sweetgrass-jacobs.com> peg at sweetgrass-jacobs.com