[Jacob-list] Docking Tails

Jacobflock at aol.com Jacobflock at aol.com
Wed Aug 3 10:08:03 EDT 2011

I read the tail end of the posts on this item and I think Dan's note on
"muscle" captures the point. A Jacob has an active tail; well muscled to
keep it relatively clean wether poop or pee. The tail of the Jacob has 16
coccygeal vertebrae, not an 'extra' vertebra. The number of vertebrae is
somewhat 'fixed' by breed. Bones are structures for muscles and can't, of
themselves, move. Muscle/tendon move bones. There are bone and muscle tail
defects including wry tail and screw tail; wry tail can be muscular or
skeletal, scvrew tail is a bone malformation problem ('L' shape to one or more
vertebra). Fred Horak

In a message dated 8/3/2011 6:13:10 A.M. Central Daylight Time,