[Jacob-list] Question......

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Wed Sep 29 21:00:06 EDT 2010

How about we breed for "pretty" sheep with good horns, good fleece, good
temperament, hardiness, AND genetic diversity? A sheep with poor horns
and poor fleece does not meet/exceed the breed standard. I don't think
we need to sacrifice "pretty" for hardiness or diversity.
Hardiness/temperament/mothering ability alone is not enough to qualify
as a Jacob without other more visible Jacob qualities.

I take it as given that no one wants to bottle fed a bunch of lambs. I
learned that at a lambing seminar given by a commercial Suffolk breeder.

Linda

Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>