[Jacob-list] 2H/4H

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Wed Sep 29 19:53:16 EDT 2010

I was talking about Showphar Habersham. I never used Patchwork Dandy
here. He bred a few ewes on his way to NJ and then spent some time in PA
with sons going on to other points.
I sure agree that some of the rams that get the OMG reaction are not
rams I'd want to own. Nothing wrong with wanting good fleece and good
temperament. It would be interesting to hear from Royal about the
percentage of four horned to two horned when they got the Butter Island
sheep. 15? years or so running wild and there were still some impressive
four horned rams. The two horned sheep from Butter Island tended to have
wide horn sweeps. Two horned rams with close set horns would have been
at disadvantage as they matured.
I'm with Lynette "I also didn't cross 2X4 to improve either type. They
just got better as I cleared the lower quality out of either."
One really wonderful aspect of our breed is that it is so diverse.

Linda

Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>