[Jacob-list] Fwd: Fw: Emailing: Horak Article, Horak Article 001

marguerite van beek mvanbeek7 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 23:21:45 EDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: marguerite van beek <mvanbeek7 at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 11:17 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: Emailing: Horak Article, Horak Article 001
To: CARL FOSBRINK <carlfosbrink at yahoo.com>
Cc: jacob-list at jacobsheep.com

Carl

I read your email and the article from Fred. Just because Ed never saw a
two horn does not mean it is not in the breed which when I saw his movie at
the AGM there were four and two horn jacobs. How can he state that.
Fred does state there is really no difference from the Turner's or
Hescock's flock. Even thou Hescocks said his was an improved stock. Which
brings me back to the fact Hescocks and Huntsberger flocks were not deer
like at all. And there were two horn and four horn in those flocks. I
believe the Jacob has a lot of differences within itself. To state that one
is better than the other is a false statement. They are what they are.
We as a group have culled what we decided was unacceptable from eye patches,
horn types, etc. to improve the Jacob breed. Have we not?
By doing all of the so called improvements (fleece, coloring, leg patches,
horns) why would it not seem possible that size came into play.
We as breeders breed what we like. You for instance breed only four horn
jacobs. I like four and two. The only way you can have what you call a
primitive Jacob was not to cull at all and I think we have passed that
line.

Peg