[Jacob-list] across the pond

Betty Berlenbach lambfarm at tds.net
Fri Sep 17 09:26:17 EDT 2010

Hey, pals,

Let's not generalize and think we know what they are looking for "across the pond", huh? Just as we as a group have many different ideas of what makes the perfect jacob, my conversations with folks in the UK seem to indicate that they, as well, have many different ideas of what makes the perfect jacob for them. In many cases,there's are larger, but not in ALL cases. I have spoken with some breeders over there who have intentionally sought out the more primitive jacobs. Just because SOME breeders at SOME point, theoretically crossed some jacobs with dorsets for larger size (before the 70's importations, I believe, so we have some of those, too! if that's the case!) doesn't mean that ALL UK breeders have big sheep and think ours are ugly.
Betty, in Vermont,who now has a blog, thanks to help from Walter and Linda. See Betty's blog at http://sheepwoman.wordpress.com.