[Jacob-list] Jacob-list] Jackets for Jacobs

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 15 00:32:55 EDT 2010

>I have been told that in a humid and hot climate (Atlanta area is where I

am) the coats will cause gummy-ness and mildew.? The gummy comment came
from my >shearer and the mildew comment from a fellow breeder in Florida.
There also is the possibility of the wool felting on the coated sheep. The
coat rubs, creating friction, and then there is the humid and hot climate.
I don't know of anyone with wool that felted under the coats, but I heard
it can happen. Another reason I don't do it.