[Jacob-list] wether and rams

Kate Barrett kbarrett at bmi.net
Tue Nov 9 12:38:32 EST 2010

I have an 8 yr old wether bottle baby, "Tiny Tim" who is part columbia
from our 4H DAYS. He is now a gigantic 350 pounds and about 48 inches at
the withers. However when I introduced him to the ram pen he was quite
small. He is still very tame and bonded with humans. However all the rams
love him, and the feeling is mutual. He usually is best buds with one
ram...but gets along with every one. He also makes a great buffer when I
have rams in a pen. No one messes with him, and he provides good
protection with his body!!! Don't know what I will do when he is gone...he
has been a very calming influence, and comes when he is called, bringing
the rams with him. During breeding season he is odd man out, but doesn't
seem to mind, and once the hullaballoo is over they can all go back to
their Man pen:)
I would use a whether again for companion anytime.
Kate Barrett
Ruby Peak Farms