[Jacob-list] Ram lamb into ram flock

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Tue May 25 18:49:03 EDT 2010

It sounds like you are unnecessarily complicating things. Even though
it might not be breeding season, you are introducing two adult rams to
your ewe flock. If they are more interested in the ewes than the lambs,
do you think you might see some conflict between your two adult rams?
There might also be a 'getting to know you' period between your rams and
ewes. I don't know, as it's not something I've tried. If all you want to
do is introduce one ram lamb to your ram flock, it just simpler and less
stressful to skip the in between stage of putting the rams with the ewes
this time of year. I would think about putting the ram lamb and the
wethers with your ram flock instead of just the ram lamb. It would be
less stressful for your ram lamb.
I have never had a problem with tossing ram lambs in with adult rams
this time of year. I wouldn't do it in September.

Linda

--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>