[Jacob-list] Docking tails on adult sheep

Mark Essen messen at socket.net
Sun May 2 12:33:33 EDT 2010

I am very interested in the replies you get for this. My neighbor and
I sheared yesterday and she has a problem. Her sheep are commercial
white heavily fleeced sheep. She has a few that are adults, but never
docked. She will have the vet out Tuesday for other reasons and plans
on asking their advice. The shearer suggested banding. He said that
after two weeks you would probably have to cut off the tail right under
the band.
I will let you know what the vet suggests.