[Jacob-list] Jacobs in blade shearing contest

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 25 21:48:18 EDT 2010

>From the Sheep-list:

http://www.sheepandwool.org/events_detail.php?eid=63

BLADE SHEARING CONTEST
The Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival is proud to host the first national
blade sheep shearing competition in the U.S. in a long time. It will be a
great spectacle for fairgoers and an opportunity for blade shearers to
inspire one another to excellence in their craft.
There will be no entry fee for this event. Anyone hoping to compete is
asked to give notice of their intention by mail to: Kevin Ford, 279 Warner
Hill Road, Charlemont, MA 01339 or email bladeshear at hotmail.com and give
your
name, address, phone number and level of experience.
This is an open competition, but the referee will have the opportunity to
question and judge whether someone is competent to compete. We may need to
limit the number of contestants and those judged by the referee to be the
most experienced and qualified will make up the contestants.
Special thanks to Ralene Mitchler of Chicory Lane Farm and her Blue Flower
Flock of Jacobs for providing us with our competition animals and to Kelly
Przylepa and Richard Moore of Firefly Farm for providing additional Jacob
sheep for the competition.
AWARDS
1st place - $1000
2nd place - $500