[Jacob-list] soil

Lorraine Nielsen fourwinds at gotsky.com
Thu Mar 4 10:58:52 EST 2010

After attending the AGM in California in 2008, we began applying the
principles of pasture management to our small Jacob farm that Dave Pratt
(Robin Lynde's brother) presented in a workshop. His well-researched,
recommended practices require no expensive or dangerous equipment, no
application of fertilizer or chemicals. A carefully planned pattern of
pasture rotation and planned numbers of animals help you restore soil
health and manage your land. In two years, our pasture growth is so much
healthier and diverse than when we moved here 4 years ago. We're in a
mountainous part of California which typically doesn't have a long growing
season, but we are finding that the grazing season is now much longer. I
highly recommend his program; you can attend workshops offered throughout
the country and they even offer webinars online:

Ranch Management Consultants
http://www.ranchmanagement.com/

Lorraine Nielsen
Shear Bliss