[Jacob-list] "lilac carriers"

Dan Carpenter Hobsickle at aol.com
Wed Jun 16 04:43:50 EDT 2010

Some people say you can tell by the presence of an "eye ring," but I haven't
found that to be reliable. If both parents are "regular lilac" (as opposed
to, say, "chocolate lilac") the non-lilac offspring have a 67% chance of
being carriers. If one parent is regular lilac the non-lilac offspring have
a 50% chance of being carriers. If one or both of the parents are called
lilac, but are not regular lilac, then it's anybodies guess.