[Jacob-list] ?Scrapie????

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Wed Jul 21 19:21:47 EDT 2010

Is this part of the scrapie program?
I just enrolled in June. The state vet asked that I notify him when we
take a sheep over 14 months to butcher, although it's not mandatory, so
that he can get samples. My state vet does want to sample any sheep that
dies here.
A few years back we had a ram die suddenly and were fortunate enough to
have a local vet that would do a necropsy with us in attendance. It
wasn't the dead of winter, so we were able to do it outside. It was a
great learning experience, although I'd rather have done it on a cull ram.

Linda

--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>