[Jacob-list] To keep or not to keep - my little Jacob sheep

Johann Kuntz johanndiedrich at msn.com
Fri Jul 9 23:50:30 EDT 2010

Regarding the kink in my lamb's tail:

When she was born her tail hung evenly with no kinks. The kinks didn't show up until she was a few days old and I noticed that she was sat on her tail from time to time in her first few days of life. It seemed to me that she didn't have the muscle strength in her tail to position it out of the way when she sat down. That's why I think she may have broken her tail. It's strong now and she easily moves it to a safe position when she's sitting down.

I read somewhere online that lambs tails sometimes appear to be longer after they have been broken, so it makes me wonder if her tail was originally the same length as the others. She was probably a few days old before I first noticed her tail was longer so it's a possibility.

Johann