[Jacob-list] To keep or not to keep - my little Jacob sheep

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Fri Jul 9 21:06:59 EDT 2010

I've seen lambs with a kink in the tail and also don't think it had
anything to do with being stepped on. Both cases, the kink was inches
below the normal docking spot. Neither tail was below the hock. Kinks
were rather minor. I have no idea what caused the kinks - perhaps a
jumbling as a fetal lamb? I haven't seen that it's a heritable trait,so
haven't paid much attention to it.
Linda

--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>