[Jacob-list] To keep or not to keep - my little Jacob

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 9 17:23:00 EDT 2010

One consideration that you might want to look at is the fineness of the
wool. In our experience, in our flock, the finer wools are the ones that
became brown when exposed to sunlight. This makes some sense...the sun
would discolor the fiber a few mirons deep, and those thicker fibers
would not show evidence of this as readily.

Neal Grose
===========
Interesting. This helps our situation. My friend is trying to chose
between two of my wethers. They are both about three months old. One has
much more black on it, but it is already starting to turn a chocolate
brown. The other wether has less black, but it is staying black in color
I assumed she would want that one with the black wool, she doesn't like the
browning. I will tell her that the wool is finer on the other wether.
She wants to coat the sheep to prevent the brown color. Sounds like the
one she wants has the finest wool which also is appealing to her.

Thanks, Cathy
Moscow, Idaho