[Jacob-list] crossbreeding

Zach Oaster zoaster at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 15:53:14 EST 2010

If the Jacob breed is dominant black, why then is it undesirable for there
to be "too much" black in the breed standard (as opposed to simply too much
white)? A couple of my ewes are heavily black (although still within the
register-able tolerances), and honestly, I think it would be awesome to end
up with a 90+% black Jacob ram offspring someday (personal preference).

Is it because we're afraid of losing the multi-tonal spots?
Zach Oaster
zach at fattoaster.com
Visit Zach's worship resource and blog site: http://www.fattoaster.com
Visit Zach & Lindsay's farm blog: http://fattoasterfarm.wordpress.com