[Jacob-list] crossbreeding

gotothewhip at aol.com gotothewhip at aol.com
Tue Jan 5 12:57:19 EST 2010

This is so curious! I have a lady who boards 2 nice ramboullets for handspinning with my Jacob flock (they certainally stick out!) and she inquired about using my ram next year... Other than digging a hole for her ewes to stand in, (LOL) the thought is interesting!

It is thought provoking that all of the F1 generation is solid black or colored, but is solid, not spotted or varigated? (or am I misinterpreting what is said) and when you say colored, are you seeing lilacs, browns or?

For those with experience with F1 crosses, were any ewe lambs from the F1 used for breeding? If so, what were the results of that breeding (and was it bred back to F1 or to a purebred?) Horns, coloring and the other aspects?

Jennifer Tucker
Moose Mtn Ranch