[Jacob-list] Exotic- Jacob Sheep in canned hunt

ranchrat ranchrat at telusplanet.net
Sun Jan 3 13:29:34 EST 2010

Heel low:

There is one fellow in particular in these parts that runs a “trophy
ranch” where he provides “big game hunters” with a variety of livestock
from pheasants, to “wild” turkeys, and of course, “big horned” sheep
amongst other game. He often buys these specimens (and I hear he also
breeds up his own stock now that he has enough put together) at
auctions. More than a decade ago, I witnessed a fierce bidding war
where a Barbados ram was bought BACK by the owner for just under $400.
Sheep at that time were selling for low prices such as fifty bucks and
less, so this of course, struck my interest. I asked someone beside me
what the bidding WAR was all about and they said the owner of the ram
wanted to keep it away from the “head hunters.” The guy bidding the
last bid was thoroughly peed off he did not get HIS ram. I’ve seen him
often at the auctions with his kids, loading up boxes of pheasants and
turkeys (I attend the bird auction portions, the sheep/goat days are
depressing and I normally don’t like attending them)
his children
obviously do not approve of his conduct as they whine VERY loudly about
not wanting to take care of “more animals.” On a personal note, he
appears to be of a rather mean sort. I expect his children will NOT
follow in his footsteps, so his legacy will die with his demise.

If anyone finds it offensive that a “canned hunt(s)” of a Jacob ram is
being presented on youtube
why not do up some of our own? I bet we
could do up some really excellent (and potentially viewed by millions)
“Jacob ram” hunts. It would be absolutely hilarious to offset the
canned hunts with reality. Then we’d certainly get more “hits” by
people if our Jacobs were presented as WE the people that tend to them
see them. I figure we should all want to fight fire with fire
if you
want to fan the flames, one should throw a bit of our own “lanolin” on
the fire as see how popular this makes canned hunts when people have
tears streaming down their faces from laughter
.educate, educate,
educate and rise above the idiots by distributing the TRUTH about
“hunting” domestic animals as sport. We have lots of livestock on our
conservation farm here and I laugh thinking of someone wanting to hunt
any of them. Heck, you could lie down out on the lawn in the warm
weather and I could release them and find you covered in heritage
turkeys coop cooping greetings, “wild” ducks giving you the eye and
pulling grass from between your toes, terrifying geese hissing and
ruffling feathers at you!!, goats that would rather stand on your soft
belly than run away
man it would be a literal KILLING field here
you’d
just have to roll over and you’d bag yourself an albiet “flat” chicken!

I am on dial up (2 tin cans and a gnarly string between them at best),
not high speed so youtube is NOT something I know very much about only
having viewed a youtube video if it is displayed on the national news on
my tv set. I suppose one cannot “name” the videos on youtube as I see
you are assigned a number??, but if one can, then I would certainly
attempt to closely name the video as similarly worded as the canned hunt
ones as possible. I figure a ram decked out in “pink” décor, someone
starting it all off in a very serious sportsman like manner, commentary
as similar as the ridiculous canned hunts as possible. Of course, film
video of the ram’s approach (as most domesticated animals will), pump up
all the drama, comments about the “huge trophy” opportunity being
undertaken. Then climax, maybe with the “shooting” of the beast with a
gun that pops flowers out of its barrel
clips of the ram eating the
flower offering?? Then of course, all hilarity can break loose.
Footage of rams/ewes walking up for chin scratches and the “shear”
terror a prize horned savage animal doing things like what we see and do
everyday round here; a duo of rams pulling a covered wagon, pronking
around the field, frisky playing of massive horns swinging oh so
dangerously at each other, goofy shots like giving my mean Cattle Dogs
“kisses” between corral rails, even them standing in the doorway of our
barn while the five dogs rip about in their daily play session in their
pasture. We giggle constantly how the rams place their front feet on
the elevated door timber and all three rams watch the game like a tennis
match (heads moving back and forth in unison)
bust a gut everytime!
Heck even sometimes the rams come forward and attempt to join in with
the dogs! Yeh, savage mean “sporting” bad beasties
fit for a canned
hunt.

On a personal note; No, killing a Jacob ram is not an offense. You are
most certainly entitled to do what you will with your own personal
property (animal cruelty aside) BUT feeding some person’s ego in a
canned hunt, leads one to only ponder how really inept and UNhumane that
person is. How bad IS their physical and mental inadequacies to think
you are elevating yourself by hunting a domestic horned sheep? I have
barely any spare time at all and certainly thinking about how
uncivilized one would have to be to think hunting domestic livestock is
sporting is something I purge as pretty much a waste of time but hey, if
we can have someone step up and educate the masses about reality, I am
all for it. I can donate some pics of rams pulling a covered wagon, not
moving footage but could be used in the clip if one needs some material,
pictures that could be faded in and out of view. Let me know if someone
does post a true Jacob ram video
maybe I will finally attempt to
download video stream off of youtube.

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins, Alberta, Canada
Rat Ranch; home to many a SAVAGE BEASTIE, run away in terror faint of
heart!!