[Jacob-list] Christmas sheep

Neal and Louise Grose nlgrose at yadtel.net
Sun Jan 3 13:15:23 EST 2010

funny you should ask...

I have a National Geographic around here somewhere out of Louise's
Grandfather's collection from the 10s or 20s that has an article on "The
Holy Land". It has hand tinted photos of sheep herds and many of the sheep
appear to be something of a cross between Tunis, Karakul and Jacob. The
animals are described as "unchanged by the centuries". they have lop ears,
fat tails, some with spots, and fleeces that look as though they have
substantial guard hair.

Neal Grose