[Jacob-list] Sheep Magazine

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Fri Dec 17 18:17:17 EST 2010

I let my subscription to Sheep! go awhile back and just pick up a copy
if I happen to be at a Tractor Supply. I bought a copy today when I went
to up to NC. Page 22, Nov/Dec issue, a letter headed "Possible Cause of
Prolapse In Ewes and Crippled Lambs" refers to page 36 in Sept/Oct
issue. The letter references selenium and states that since raising the
selenium in their salt mix, they haven't had any more prolapses. I
checked the Sheep! website and found this reference:
http://www.sheepmagazine.com/issues/31/31-5/vet_check.html
which doesn't reference selenium in regard to prolapse that I can see,
but the online excerpt may not be complete.
If you have the Sept/Oct issue of Sheep!, I'd appreciate hearing if
there is more (or anything) re: prolapse/selenium. I'll order the back
issue if there is some mention.
Thank you,
Linda
--