[Jacob-list] importations

Neal and Louise Grose nlgrose at yadtel.net
Sun Sep 13 21:34:41 EDT 2009

Somebody will have to go back and check, but there were a lot of restrictions on importations in the late 60s and 70s because of foot and mouth outbreaks. The Hesscock animals were brought in then, but spent several years in quarantine in Canada. There were importations in the 50s, and we THINK that there may have been some in the 1890s. Certainly there have been some odd groups of Jacobs that no one could really account for. Not sure anyone has really figured it all out.

Neal